As a partner in the worldwide Anglican Communion and in the universal Church, we proclaim and celebrate the gospel of Jesus Christ in worship and action.
We value our heritage of biblical faith, reason, liturgy, tradition, bishops and synods, and the rich variety of our life in community.
We hope this website will be helpful to you and will tell you a little of our corner of God's Kingdom on Vancouver Island. We are an active and warm Anglican parish in which we seek to minister together and to reach out to those around us.
If you live in this area, we invite you to worship with us and to become part of our Christian community.
If you are visiting Qualicum Beach, we invite you to be among the many visitors we welcome each year.
Either way, we want to provide a warm welcome as we share the Christian journey together and minister in the name of Jesus.
Led by the Holy Spirit, following the example of Jesus, and with God's help we strive:
* To welcome and accept all people
* To know God through worship, prayer and scripture
* To follow our Lord's example in showing love, compassion, and forgiveness to all peope
* To share our sense of joy and hope with others
* To discern and meet people's needs
* Beautiful liturgy in the Anglican tradition
* Powerful and relevant Bible preaching
* Quality pastoral care
* A community which is committed to your growth and development in the faith
* A breathtaking setting in the beauty of Vancouver Island
With God's grace and celebrating His love in our own lives we strive:
* To demonstrate love for others in practical ways that draw them into God's family at St. Mark's
* To offer a pattern of worship and integrated programs of discipleship and Christian education that glorify God and encourage all age groups to find their spiritual home at St. Mark's
* To respond effectively to our Lord's command to go out into the world preaching, teaching, and baptizing in His name, both together and by personal example.
* To maintain a strong Anglican presence while encouraging ecumenical co-operation among the churches in our area
* To help us incorporate our our new diocesan visioning plan in a way that is complementary to the diocese and yet unique to St. Mark's Parish family.