Click on the links below to learn more:
The Altar Guild tends to the altar needs and arranges the flowers for the sanctuary.
"Beaux and Belles" Handbell Group:
The "Beaux and Belles" meet regularly for handbell practice and provide occasional special music in church services.
Brown Bag Ladies:
The Brown Bag ladies meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month at noon, with the intention of nurturing Christian fellowship, friendship, support and discussion.
The choir of approximately 15 voices provides musical leadership in worship. Practices are held weekly at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
The Garden Group tends to the church grounds during the growing season.
The Greeters' Ministry welcomes people into the Church on Sunday morning, and writes a note of welcome and thanks to all guests who sign the Guest Book.
There are several home study groups in the parish which meet regularly for Bible Study and fellowship in the homes of various parish members.
The church maintains a library of Christian books which is situated in the Parish Hall. Book loans are available to all members of the congregation.
The Men's Club meets on the 2nd Thursday morning of each month for fellowship. A guest speaker is invited for most meetings. The Men's Club also periodically organizes suppers for the benefit of the congregation and members of the wider community.
- Precious Jewels Ministry works in the Philippines with families in need, and HIV/AIDS grief counselling. Members of St. Mark's supports this work with their giving and some members of the congregation have also volunteered their time to work with the team in Manila.
- The goal of Young Life is to provide every student in Qualicum Beach schools with the opportunity to hear about Jesus, and to be supported in their Christian faith journey. Doug Loughhead and YL leader team offer lunchtime programs in schools, a bi-weekly Club night, and opportunities to attend camp. For more information: email@example.com, 250-927-8852, or http://qualicumbeach.younglife.ca
Pastoral Care Ministries:
There are a number of pastoral care ministries nurtured by the church and undertaken by members of the congregation, some of which are listed here:
- Community of Hope - visitation and administering communion to people who are house-bound
- Eagle Park Care Facility - extended social ministries.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - knitting/crocheting shawls which are provided to those people who are lonely or experiencing infirmity.
- Seniors' Residences - communion services are held once a month.
- Transportation is provided for members of the community who are no longer able to drive themselves to church.
- TeleCare Ministry - regular phoning of parish members.
Members of this committee help maintain the general fabric of the church facilities.